Whenever you are looking for a quick dinner fix that never fails to impress or satisfy anyone, try this one. This pasta doesn’t require much cooking. The only thing that needs to be cooked is the pasta itself. It’s as comforting as it is nutritious. You got your greens and raw veg in there. Let’s do this.
- 200-250 grams pasta (tagliatelle works best for this one)
- 1 large zucchini
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan. Not vegan though)
- 0,5 cup to 1 cup of semi sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 60 grams (large handful) of arugula
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love it)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 0,5 cup black olives pitted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of capers
- tools: blender
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
In the meantime chop up the zucchini and throw in the blender.
Add a tablespoon or two of the flavourful oil from the tomatoes (not the tomatoes yet). Add garlic, salt, pepper, sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice and blend well. You’re looking for a smooth and creamy dressing like consistency.
Drain the pasta over the frozen peas. Just put them on the bottom of the colander when draining. Put the pasta and peas back in the pot and stir in your zucchini pesto, sundried tomatoes, arugula, olives and capers. Done!